Start-up & Spin-off Incubation and Acceleration Program
Are you an innovative start-up looking for a home in which you can cultivate technology and innovation, compare and connect with companies, receive mentoring, coaching and dedicated services from professional experts? Join the community of Almacube, an innovation hub and incubator certified by the Ministry of Economic Development of the University of Bologna and Confindustria Emilia Area Centro, with more than two decades of experience in supporting and developing new business projects.
Grow your startup with Almacube
To start-ups and spin-offs tha join our community, Almacube offers access to a 9 month program consisting of:
- After 3 months of incubation, admission to the acceleration module (lasting 6 months) is subject to passing an assessment of the company’s potential and the preparation of the team carried out by the staff of our dedicated Unit.
- At the end of the 6-month acceleration period, start-ups and spinoffs that have completed the route become graduates and can continue to benefit from Almacube’s services free of charge for a further year.
- Almacube also evaluates the entry of graduates into the share capital.
Companies that do not complete the acceleration path and do not graduate can instead continue to benefit from incubation services by purchasing Almacube membership.
During the incubation program you will receive the support you need to develop your company. You will be able to participate in training and networking meetings, receive advice from professionals, interact with Almacube’s community of innovators and be informed about all the interesting opportunities for your reality.
- Workshop with experts: seminars and meetings with experts in various field to learn and improve technical and transversal skills.
- Consultancy perks: opportunities to meet with professionals to share doubts and receive advice (es. Accountant, legal, marketing, IT security, patentability).
- Coaching & Monitoring: meetings with the Almacube team to structure the business plan, identify the services needed by the specific start-up and monitor its progress during the program.
- Networking events: to connect with other start-ups and Almacube’s community of stakeholders.
- Scouting calls and opportunities: service for reporting on new funding calls published locally and nationally for start-ups and open innovation events, contests and programs for start-ups.
- Community Reserved Area: access to digital spaces and communication channels reserved for the community.
- Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs: opportunities to participate in the European international mobility program for young entrepreneurs, either as a host entrepreneur or as an aspiring entrepreneur. Learn more.
The acceleration program is reserved for the best companies in the Almacube portfolio and aims to facilitate access to capital and market entry through connections with potential customers and investors.
- Mentoring: assignment of a mentor to be supported in solving problems and defining strategies. Learn about our mentors.
- 1-to-many and 1-to-1 matchmaking: one on one matchmaking events and connections to introduce yourself to investors and selected companies in order to raise funds, validate product, develop business deals.
- Facilitated access to trade shows and events
In parallel with the incubation and acceleration program, Almacube offers a range of paid services tailored to support your business.
- Villagers: possibility to use the space and offices available in the incubator.
- Grant Desk: support in drafting and preparing applications for calls for proposals and funding.
- Start-Up taste: support in the search and selection of young, qualified and motivated staff to join the Start-Up for fixed periods of time to work on precise goals and challenges of the start-up.
- Manager-Up: placement of a corporate manager in the startup for an exchange of knowledge and culture of innovation.
- Prototyping space: access to additive manufacturing and 3D printing labs for prototyping and facade creation.
- Personal coaching: addressing a personal or work difficulty with a personal coach to experience new perspectives, generate learning opportunities, and definite more effective actions.
Your start-up’s team expands
Joining the Almacube community means being followed and supported by professionals and experts in the world of innovation and business start-up and management, with experience in international contexts and relations with the industrial, institutional, financial and research worlds. They are part of Almacube’s core team at your service:
Nicole and Giampaolo will accompany you on your path of growth in Almacube. They will help you understand your startup's needs and outline a development plan to be implemented through the most suitable services.
Riccardo and Paola will support you on the communication and marketing side to best communicate your project and define your business strategy.
Requirements and admission
We are looking for innovative start-ups and spin-offs with high development potential and a determined team. For admitted entities, the program is free of charge (except for on-demand and matchmaking services, which provide a success fee contract with no fixed costs).
Startups that are not selected for the acceleration track can continue to take advantage of the program’s other services for an annual membership fee.
In general terms, the requirements to be admitted to the community are
To be eligible for acceleration, entities must also have a TRL (Technology Readiness Level) of 4 or higher.